What is PTO?
The work of the Parent-Teacher Organization makes a difference in the lives of our students and teachers. This group belonging to and is made up of parents and guardians who have children attending Saint Lawrence Catholic School. The PTO is a service organization whose purpose is to support the work of the school. The PTO helps our school by coordinating events, volunteering time and assisting with fundraising activities.
2017-2018 PTO Officers
|Bryan Fortriede||Vice President|
|Christina Lacey||Teacher Appreciation|
|Gene Berger||School Advisory|
Do you have a PTO reimbursement?
Do you have a reimbursement for a PTO approved event/purchase? Click here to download the reimbursement form.
What does PTO fundraising support?
Funds are used for items and projects to supplement the school’s general budget. Examples include:
- Athletic equipment and expenses
- School operating budget
- Field trips
- Classroom supplies
- School directory
- Field day treats
- Teacher continuing education
- Christmas luncheon
Parents support these activities by coordinating events, securing volunteers, securing funding.
How can I get involved?
Attend PTO meetings, volunteer your time and talent, attend events, become an officer.
10 reasons to get involved in the Saint Lawrence PTO:
- Build a community between school and home
- As a parent, you’re already a member – no dues or donations
- Getting involved shows your spirit of commitment and opportunity
- Sometimes there’s food. It is often good food.
- Model leadership and responsibility for your children
- Build relationships with faculty
- Get to know other parents
- Be informed – past presentations include the student writing program, athletic program, school budget and uniform changes
- Your voice matters – make a difference
- It’s fun!
The Saint Lawrence PTO works to:
- bring together parents, pastor, principal, and staff who are interested in undertaking cooperative efforts on behalf of Catholic Education;
- foster a spirit of cooperation between the school and other parish organizations and activities for the benefit of the parish community;
- promote programs for the growth and welfare of SLCS and its’ students;
- generate financial support for the school and its programs;
- come together in a spirit of Christian friendship.