Saint Lawrence Catholic School has served Muncie and Delaware County since 1881. When the present church at the corner of Charles and Hackley Streets was completed in 1895, the old church was converted into two schoolrooms and added to the original school building. Those buildings were replaced by a new building in 1901. In 1988, Saint Lawrence parish purchased the current building, a former public middle school, on East 16th Street.
From 1883 to 1886, our school was staffed by the Saint Joseph sisters from Cleveland, Ohio. On June 21, 1887, three sisters from the Saint Agnes Community of Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, arrived. Their community remained in Muncie for 90 years until 1977. Dr. Ellen O’Sullivan became the first lay administrator of Saint Lawrence Catholic School in 1977. Rob Frey currently serves as principal.