SAINT LAWRENCE CATHOLIC SCHOOL
WEEKLY PRINCIPAL’S NEWSLETTER
MAY 17, 2017
- Sacrament Class Picnic will be TODAY at Memorial Park in New Castle for all grade 1-2 students. The group will go to mass at church with everyone else, then come to school, then leave for New Castle around 10:00 am. They will return to school by 3:00.
- Annual Sports Awards Banquet will be held in the cafeteria TONIGHT from 6:00-7:00 pm. The PTO will provide meat and cheese trays, each family in attendance is asked to bring a dessert. All family members of athletes are welcome to attend.
- Tomorrow, May 18, yearbooks will be distributed to students who ordered them. If you did not order one, you can still purchase a yearbook for $12. Bring money to Jayne in the office, we have about 7 extra copies.
- A reminder that the final day of After-School tutoring is tomorrow, May 18.
- Our final Casual Day is this Friday, May 19. Students are asked to bring in two or more cans of vegetables to support the Saint Lawrence Food Pantry.
- Grade 3 will go to Mansfield Park this Friday, May 19.
- YMCA KIDZ Marathon is this Saturday, May 20, 9-11 am at BSU Recreation & Wellness Center. Parents should attend with children, arrive by 8:40 am.
- Field Day is Tuesday, May 23. Bring children directly to Saint Mary School (2301 West Gilbert Street) between 7:30-8:00 am. There will not be mass on this day. Lunch is provided, do not pack. Casual clothes are permitted. We need parent drivers to bring students from Saint Mary to Saint Lawrence at 12:15, so if you can help, contact your child’s teacher.
- The final day of Chartwell’s food service is May 24. All students will need to pack a lunch on Thursday, May 25.
- The final mass, K-5 Awards Ceremony and Grade 5 Graduation will take place on Friday, May 26. Since Father Hellmann will be overseas during our last week of school, Father Dennis Goth will celebrate mass on May 26. Please bring children directly to church by 7:50 am, they will not be at the school at all on May 26.
- During the final two weeks of school, After-School Care must be paid in advance or by the day. All outstanding balances must be paid by May 25.
- Several families have asked about ISTEP+ results. The Indiana Department of Education has stated that results will be available to families on June 16. I’ll pass on more information as it becomes available.
- You may have used uniform clothing items that you wish to donate to the school. We will be accepting the following: navy shorts, navy pants, navy Schoolbelles belts, black gym shorts, plaid skirts, plaid jumpers.
- INSPIRE Academy is putting on two performances of Frog and Toad Kids, one on May 25 at 6 pm, the other on May 26 at 2 pm. Both will be held in the gymnasium.
- As a principal, one of the most important aspects of my job is to hire the right teachers. No other decision has a greater impact on the success of our school than to hire the right people to work with our children. Over the summer, we’ll welcome two new members to our staff family (a grade 3 teacher and a grader 4/5 teacher). Please keep SLCS in your prayers this summer as we search. May God send us the right people who will inspire our students to greatness, both in academics and in their faith … and pray that I will know them when I see them!