SAINT LAWRENCE CATHOLIC SCHOOL
WEEKLY PRINCIPAL’S NEWSLETTER
MAY 10, 2017
- Registration packets for 2017-2018 and $50 deposit (per family) should be submitted as soon as possible. Thanks to those who have done this already!
- Our final Kindergarten Roundup will be tonight. Please encourage friends with upcoming Kindergartners to visit the school between 5:30-7:30 pm.
- Grade 3 will go to Minnetrista Friday, not tomorrow (rain in the forecast).
- Grades K-1-2 will go to the Muncie Children’s Museum The trip to Conner Prairie has been canceled due to threats of rain tomorrow.
- We hope that all families will attend our Spring Fling on this Friday, 5:00-8:00 pm at the K of C Hall. We will do a few raffles and auction classroom projects. Quite a few students have signed up for the Talent/Comedy Show. Remember that each performance must be no longer than 90 seconds in length. Voting for Mr. Frey’s beard will conclude and he’ll bring his razor.
- Our annual Spring Concert and Art Show will be Monday, May 15. The concert, which features all of our students, will begin in the gymnasium at 6:00, please arrive early. Also, be sure to check out our Art Show, which will be on display in the hallway both before and after the concert.
- Annual Sports Awards Banquet will be held in the cafeteria on Wednesday, May 17, from 6:00-7:00 pm. The PTO will provide meat and cheese trays, each family in attendance is asked to bring a dessert. All family members of athletes are welcome to attend. Please RSVP by Monday, May 12.
- Sacrament Class Picnic will be Wednesday, May 17, at Memorial Park in New Castle for all grade 1-2 students. The group will go to mass at church with everyone else, then come to school, then leave for New Castle around 10:00 am. They will return to school by 3:00.
- On May 18, yearbooks will be distributed to students who ordered them. If you did not order one, you can still purchase a yearbook for $12. Bring money to Jayne in the office, we have about 8 extra copies.
- A reminder that the final day of After-School tutoring is Thursday, May 18.
- Our Final Casual Day is Friday, May 19. Students are asked to bring in two or more cans of vegetables to support the Saint Lawrence Food Pantry.
- Grade 3 will go to Mansfield Park on Friday, May 19.
- YMCA KIDZ Marathon is Saturday, May 20, 9-11 am at BSU Recreation and Wellness Center. Parents should attend with children, arrive by 8:40 am.
- Field Day is next Tuesday, May 23. Bring children directly to Saint Mary School (2301 West Gilbert Street) between 7:30-8:00 am. There will not be mass on this day. Lunch is provided, do not pack. Casual clothes are permitted. We need parent drivers to bring students from Saint Mary to Saint Lawrence at 12:15, so if you can help, contact your child’s teacher.
- The final mass, K-5 Awards Ceremony and Grade 5 Graduation will take place on Friday, May 26. Since Father Hellmann will be overseas during our last week of school, Father Dennis Goth will celebrate mass on May 26.
- Thanks for participating in our Spring Book Fair. We made over $900! This allows us to purchase new books for the Media Center for next year.
- During the final two weeks of school, After-School Care must be paid in advance or by the day. All outstanding balances must be paid by May 25.
- Several families have asked about ISTEP+ results. The Indiana Department of Education has stated that results will be available to families on June 16. I’ll pass on more information as it becomes available.
- Mrs. Devine has agreed to serve as our After-School tutor for grades 3-4-5 during the 2017-2018 school year.
- Our grade 3 teacher, Mrs. Wednesday Cunnington, is scheduled to have spinal surgery on June 15. Due to the temporary physical limitations that she will have, she has opted not to work full-time during the 2017-2018 school year. We will begin the search for a new full-time grade 3 teacher very soon. Mrs. Cunnington will serve as our Media Center volunteer next year and be available to substitute teach as needed, and we are thankful that she wants to continue to be a part of our school family. Please pray for a full recovery after her surgery.