SAINT LAWRENCE CATHOLIC SCHOOL
WEEKLY PRINCIPAL’S NEWSLETTER
MAY 3, 2017
- The next PTO Meeting will be tonight, 6:00 pm at school. We will elect officers for next year.
- For the remainder of this week, our Spring Book Fair will be held in the Media Center. Please stop by after school to take a look!
- Tomorrow, grades 4 and 5 are scheduled to attend an Indians game. As of Wednesday morning, there is a 100% chance of rain in Indianapolis on Thursday. If the game is rained out, we will not reschedule the trip. We’ll make the decision whether or not to go on Thursday morning.
- Grades 4 and 5 have a field trip to Corinth School House onFriday, May 5.
- Friday, May 5, is our final Movie Night of the school year. The proceeds will benefit Mr. Hart’s Music classroom. Movie Night will be from 5 -7 pm. We will be showing Sing. Forms were distributed yesterday, if you need another one, see Mrs. Waechter.
- NWEA testing will take place next week.
- Shop with Scrip Family Order Forms and payment are due Monday, May 8 @ 10:00 am. This is our final Scrip order for the school, we will resume the Scrip program in September.
- Each student was given a photo proof from our April 5 Spring Picture Day. You may keep the proofs. If you wish to place an order, fill out the form in the packet and turn it in, with payment, by Monday, May 8. You can also order online, just follow the steps in the packet.
- Registration packets for 2017-2018 were passed out a few days ago. Registration paperwork and the $50 deposit is due on Tuesday, May 9.
- Grade 5 will travel to the Indianapolis Symphony on Tuesday, May 9. This trip will be free for students. We will need parent drivers. If you can drive, contact Mr. Hart: email@example.com.
- Our final Skating Party of the year will be Tuesday, May 9, 6:00-8:00 pm.
- Our final Kindergarten Roundup will be on Wednesday, May 10. Please encourage any friends or family with upcoming Kindergarteners to visit the school between 5:30-7:30 pm.
- Grade 3 will go to Minnetrista on Thursday, May 11. Mrs. Cunnington will share details.
- Grades K-1-2 will go to Conner Prairie on Thursday, May 11. Mrs. McKinley and Mrs. Brinson will be sharing details.
- We hope that all families will attend our Spring Fling on Friday, May 12, 5:00-8:00 pm at the K of C Hall. We will do a few raffles, including four Disney passes that can be used this summer. We’ll auction classroom projects as well, which the students have been working hard to create.
- Quite a few students have signed up for the Spring Fling Talent/Comedy Show. Please remember that each performance must be no longer than 90 seconds in length. Voting for Mr. Frey’s beard will conclude and he’ll bring his razor (ask your child to explain).
- Our annual Sports Awards Banquet will be held in our school cafeteria on Wednesday, May 17, from 6:00-7:00 pm. The PTO will provide meat and cheese trays, each family in attendance is asked to bring a dessert. All family members of athletes are welcome to attend. Please RSVP by Monday, May 12.
- Grade 3 will go to Mansfield Park on Friday, May 19. Mrs. Cunnington will share details.
- Our Final Casual Day is Friday, May 19. Students are asked to bring in two or more cans of vegetables to support the Saint Lawrence Food Pantry.
- The Sacrament Class Picnic will be held on Wednesday, May 17, at Memorial Park in New Castle. This includes all grade 1 and 2 students. The group will go to mass at church with everyone else, then come to school, then leave for New Castle around 10:00 am. They will return to school by 3:00. Mrs. Brinson will be sharing details.
- On May 18, yearbooks will be distributed to students who ordered them. If you did not order one, you can still purchase a yearbook for $12. Bring money to Jayne in the office, we will have about 10 extra copies.
- YMCA KIDZ Marathon will be Saturday, May 20, 9:00-11:00 am at Ball State Recreation and Wellness Center. Parents should plan to attend with their children, please arrive by 8:40 am.
- Field Day will be Tuesday, May 23 at Saint Mary. There will not be mass on this date. More details will follow.
- The final mass, K-5 Awards Ceremony and Grade 5 Graduation will take place on Friday, May 26. Since Father Hellmann will be overseas during our last week of school, Father Dennis Goth will celebrate mass on May 26.
- The 2017-2018 Uniform Policy is now posted on our website. For information about acceptable clothing and vendors, see: org > Parents & Students > Students > Uniform Policy.
- The 2017-2018 Family Handbook is now posted on our website. See: org > Parents & Students > Parents > Family Handbook.
- The Muncie Knights of Columbus collects pop tabs and donates them to Riley Hospital for Children. If you have pop tabs, just bag them up and bring them to school, we’ll make sure that they are passed along.