SAINT LAWRENCE CATHOLIC SCHOOL
WEEKLY PRINCIPAL’S NEWSLETTER
APRIL 26, 2017
- The final round of ISTEP+ testing wrapped up today for all Saint Lawrence students! We’ll dive into NWEA testing next week.
- We will be doing enrollment for current families within the next few days. Please watch for a green folder about enrollment for 2017-2018.
- Casual Day is this Friday. Students are asked to bring in one or more packs of dried fruit or raisins to support the Saint Lawrence Food Pantry.
- The final Track Meet scheduled for tomorrow has been canceled. There will be a Track Team Party on Tuesday, May 2, 3:00-4:00 at school.
- LADIES: Join us Tuesday, May 2, for our annual Breakfast with Moms. Come in and have muffins and donuts with your child(ren) between 7:15amand 7:55am. This event is open to moms, stepmoms, grandmas, aunts and any other woman who serves as a positive role model to one or more of our students. Women are encouraged to stay for morning gathering (8:05-8:15) to see how we begin each day with scripture and prayer. We’ll also do May Crowning of Our Blessed Mother that morning.
- The next PTO Meeting will be May 3, 6:00 pm at school.
- Thursday, May 4, grades 4 and 5 will attend an Indianapolis Indians game.
- Grades 4 and 5 have a field trip to Corinth School House onFriday, May 5.
- Friday, May 5, is our final Movie Night of the school year. The proceeds will benefit Mr. Hart’s Music classroom. Movie Night will be from 5 -7 pm. We will be showing Sing. Forms were distributed yesterday, if you need another one, see Mrs. Waechter.
- Shop with Scrip Family Order Forms and payment are due Monday, May 8 @ 10:00 am. This is our final Scrip order for the school, we will resume the Scrip program in September. Forms will be distributed this Friday.
- Earlier this week, each student was given a photo proof from our April 5 Spring Picture Day. You may keep the proofs. If you wish to place an order, fill out the form in the packet and turn it in, with payment, by Monday, May 8. You can also order online, just follow the steps in the packet.
- Grade 5 will travel to the Indianapolis Symphony on Tuesday, May 9. This trip will be free for students. We will need parent drivers. If you can drive, contact Mr. Hart: email@example.com
- Our final Skating Party of the year will be Tuesday, May 9, 6:00-8:00 pm.
- The Sacrament Class Picnic will be held on Wednesday, May 17, at Memorial Park in New Castle. This includes all grade 1 and 2 students. The group will go to mass at church with everyone else, then come to school, then leave for New Castle around 10:00 am. They will return to school by 3:00. Mrs. Brinson will be sharing details soon.
- On May 18, yearbooks will be distributed to students who ordered them. If you did not order one, you can still purchase a yearbook for $12. Bring money to Jayne in the office, we will have about 10 extra copies.
- YMCA KIDZ Marathon will be Saturday, May 20, 9:00-11:00 am at Ball State Recreation and Wellness Center. Parents should plan to attend with their children, please arrive by 8:40 am.
- There will be no mass on Tuesday, May 23. The final mass, awards ceremony and Grade 5 graduation will all take place on Friday, May 26. Since Father Hellmann will be overseas during our last week of school, Father Dennis Goth will celebrate our final mass of the year on May 26.
- For the past two years, Mrs. Jodi Kress has generously served as our Media Center Specialist. She would like to offer an opportunity for another parent to fill this role in 2017-2018. The basic tasks involve: being at school each Friday for Library classes, checking books in and out, ordering new books, organizing two Book Fairs each year, and keeping the Media center tidy. Mrs. Kress is willing to train a new person as well. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Mr. Frey.
- The Campbell’s Labels for Education program has been very beneficial to our school in the past, helping us purchase office supplies and sports equipment. Unfortunately, this program is being phased out by the company. If you have UPC codes from products with the Labels for Education logo on them, please turn them in to the office by May 1. Over the summer of 2017, the program will be discontinued.