SAINT LAWRENCE CATHOLIC SCHOOL
WEEKLY PRINCIPAL’S NEWSLETTER
APRIL 19, 2017
- Grade 4 will go to the Indy 500 Educational Study Trip tomorrow.
- INSPIRE Academy is having an Earth Day event this Saturday. It will be focused on restoring the wetlands on the back of the school property and creating an outdoor classroom. If you would like to join in, they will be meeting from 10:00 am – 12:00 noon.
- On, Monday, April 24, we will have our annual Health Meetings from 2:10-2:55. Boys in grades 4-5 and girls in grades 3-4-5 will participate.
- Our next Casual Day is April 28. Students are asked to bring in one or more packs of dried fruit or raisins to support the Saint Lawrence Food Pantry.
- On the original school calendar published last summer, a Knights of Columbus dinner/auction was scheduled for Saturday, April 29. This event has been cancelled, there is no SLCS function on April 29.
- LADIES: Join us on Tuesday, May 2, for our annual Breakfast with Moms. Come in and have muffins and donuts with your child(ren) between 7:15amand 7:55am. This event is open to moms, stepmoms, grandmas, aunts and any other woman who serves as a positive role model to one or more of our students. Women are encouraged to stay for morning gathering (8:05-8:15) to see how we begin each day with scripture and prayer. We’ll also do May Crowning of Our Blessed Mother that morning.
- The next PTO Meeting will be May 3, 6:00 pm at school.
- On Thursday, May 4, grades 4 and 5 will attend an Indianapolis Indians game. More details will follow.
- On Friday, May 5, grades 4 and 5 will take a field trip to Corinth School House. More details will follow.
- Shop with Scrip Family Order Forms and payment are due Monday, May 8 @ 10:00 am. This is our final Scrip order for the school, we will resume the Scrip program in September. Forms will be distributed soon.
- Grade 5 (not 3 and 4 like I wrote in last week’s newsletter) will travel to the Indianapolis Symphony on Tuesday, May 9. This trip will be free for students. This will be an all-day trip, and we will need parent drivers. If you can drive, contact Mr. Hart at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- YMCA KIDZ Marathon will be Saturday, May 20, 9:00-11:00 am at Ball State Recreation and Wellness Center. Parents should plan to attend with their children, please arrive by 8:40 am.
- There will be no mass on Tuesday, May 23. The final mass, awards ceremony and Grade 5 graduation will all take place on Friday, May 26.
- We will be doing enrollment for current families soon. Please watch for notices about enrollment for 2017-2018.
- For the past two years, Mrs. Jodi Kress has generously served as our Media Center Specialist. While she is willing to continue this work next year, she would like to offer an opportunity for another parent to fill this role in 2017-2018. The basic tasks involve: being at school each Friday for Library classes, checking books in and out, ordering new books, organizing two Book Fairs each year, and keeping the Media center tidy. Mrs. Kress is willing to train a new person as well. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Mr. Frey.